Millennium Park Bicycle Path Study
Millennium Park, located in the heart of downtown Chicago, has won acclaim from around the world as an unprecedented celebration of sculpture, architecture, and landscape design. The City’s Department of Transportation and the Illinois Department of Transportation hired Bauer Latoza Studio to recommend and design convenient and direct access routes to the Millennium Park Bicycle Station with primary focus on the connection to the Lakefront Trail. The project site is anticipated to be approximately one-third to two-thirds of a mile long and will include a pedestrian bridge.
The goals of the study include:
- Finding opportunities for new or improved bike path segments or structures;
- The addition of signed bike routes, bike lanes, and other innovative treatments;
- Granting access for pedestrians and people with disabilities.
- Client: The City of Chicago Department of Transportation
- Project Address: Millennium Park, Downtown Chicago
- Project Size: 1/3 to 2/3 mile
- Services Provided: Assessment, Public Collaboration, Trail Design and Alternatives, Design Drafts, Local Project Development Report, Preliminary Cost Estimates