Urban Design & Planning
Urban Design Projects incorporate our multi-disciplinary experience in architecture, site and landscape architecture, sustainable design, historic preservation, and community consensus building.
Our Urban Design Work includes a wide variety of planning projects including: Comprehensive City Plans, Master Plans, Park Master and Framework Plans, Sub-area Plans, Revitalization Plans, Transit Oriented Development Plans, Design Guidelines, and Streetscape Plans.
Our approach to planning is outcome-oriented, using tools such as Smart Growth, New Urbanism and Green Building Standards to focus on sustainable development, historic and cultural assets, and environmental sustainability.
The Last Four Miles: a Plan to Complete Chicago’s Lakefront
- Daniel Burnham Award for a Comprehensive Plan, American Planning Association, Illinois Chapter (APA IL)
- Urban Design Award, American Institute of Architects (AIA) Chicago
- Planning and Analysis Award, Illinois American Society of Landscape Architects (ILASLA)
Garfield Park Framework Plan
- Merit Award, Illinois Chapter of American Society of Landscape Architects (ILASLA)
Burnham Park Framework Plan
- Honor Award, Illinois Chapter of American Society of Landscape Architects (ILASLA)
See a full list of our awards.