BauerLatoza Studio was commissioned to provide landscape architectural services for the University Village East Residential Development. This project was part of the University of Illinois at Chicago’s master plan to develop the area south of Roosevelt Road along Halsted Street. The development includes housing, commercial spaces, and university facilities.
Located east of Halsted Street from Liberty Street to 15th Street, the site spans approximately seven acres. It includes three new parks ranging in size from 7,600 square feet to 24,000 square feet, featuring our landscape and playground designs. In addition to these park improvements, BauerLatoza Studio provided design input for the improvements to the streetscapes and parkways in the area.
- Client: University of Illinois at Chicago, South Campus Development
- Project Address: Halsted Street – Liberty Street – 15th Street
- Project Size: Approximately 7 acres (including three new parks ranging in size from 7,600 square feet to 24,000 square feet.)
- Construction Cost: $2.5 million
- Services Provided: Landscape Design; Streetscapes; Parkway Improvements; Playground Design; Park Improvements; Plant Selection; Site Furniture Selection; Detailing of all Fencing, Walkways, and Retaining Walls; Construction Documents; and Construction Administration