Additional Architecture Projects
ING Direct Bank Café, Chicago, Illinois
Located in the heart of Chicago’s Gold Coast, the ING Direct Café offers internet banking services and access served up with traditional café fare. BauerLatoza Studio performed architectural and engineering design services for the build-out of the internet bank and café along with the renovation of the existing retail space.
- Client: ING Direct
- Project Address: 21 E. Chestnut, Chicago, Illinois
- Project Size: 4,500 square feet
- Construction Cost: $1.35 million
- Services Provided: Programming, Design Documents, Construction Documents, Construction Administration
University of Illinois at Chicago South Campus Development, Chicago, Illinois
Comprised of three phases, the South Campus Development project involved eight buildings (two new construction and six adaptive reuse) totaling 91,500 square feet for retail and office use around Halsted and Maxwell Streets. BauerLatoza led the project through: Assessment, Master Plan Development and Design Guidelines; Exterior and Core Design and Construction Documents; and Interior Design and Construction Documents.
- Client: University of Illinois at Chicago, Office of Capital Programs
- Project Address: Main Commercial Avenue along South Halsted and Maxwell Streets
- Project Size: Eight Buildings and 91,500 square feet of Building Area
- Construction Cost: $14.5 million
- Services Provided: Master Plan, Design Guidelines, Programming, Design Documents, Construction Documents, Construction Administration
Chicago Park District ADA Transition Plan, Chicago, Illinois
This 26-park project encompassed 35 buildings— including 13 historic structures–, and over 380 acres of outdoor recreational areas. BauerLatoza Studio provided assessment reports, design and construction documents, and administered construction for upgrades to elevators, walkways, locker rooms, pool access, interior and exterior, to help these valuable parks comply with the accessibility standards of the Chicago Building Code and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Client: Chicago Park District
- Project Address: 541 N Fairbanks Ct, Chicago, IL 60611
- Project Size: ADA Transition Plan (26 parks city-wide, including 35 buildings, and over 380 acres of park and recreational areas)
- Construction Cost: $15 million
- Services Provided: ADA Consulting Services, Constriction Documents, Construction Administration
Chicago Public Schools Marshall Metropolitan High School, Chicago, Illinois
Constructed in 1928 with several later additions, Marshall High School is a brick and limestone structure encompassing an entire city block on Chicago’s West Side. In conjunction with the CPS Capital Improvement Program, BauerLatoza Studio undertook a two-phase restoration of the school: first renovating the exterior, followed by interior upgrades to facilitate growing educational programs.
- Client: Chicago Public Schools
- Project Address: 3250 W. Adams Street, Chicago, Illinois
- Project Size: 360,000 square feet
- Construction Cost: $8 million
- Services Provided: Rehabilitation, Construction Administration, Design Documents, Construction Documents
Gary Public Library Brunswick Branch Library, Gary, Indiana
BauerLatoza Studio designed this energy- and cost-effective, 8,600-sf Gary Public Library. An open-floor plan allows staff to monitor all areas of the library from the Circulation and Reference Desks, establishing a strong aesthetic which lends to visual security. The site and parking plan emphasized ease of maintenance along with ecological sustainability.
- Client: Gary Public Library
- Project Address: 4030 W. 5th Avenue, Gary, Indiana
- Project Size: 8,600 square feet
- Construction Cost: $750,000
- Services Provided: Design Documents, Construction Documents, Site and Landscape Design
The Chicago Reader, Chicago, Illinois
Accommodating a budget of $61 per square foot, BauerLatoza Studio’s plan for the Chicago Reader offices capitalized on the features and materials of the building, showcasing the wooden beams and floor structure of the converted loft space. A new internal stair, along with natural light flow and friendly workstations streamline inner-office circulation.
- Client: Chicago Reader
- Project Address: 11 E. Illinois Street, Chicago, Illinois
- Project Size: 12,000 square feet
- Construction Cost: $740,000
- Services Provided: Assessment, Programming, Design Documents, Construction Documents, Construction Administration